Sunday, November 15, 2009

good list

I've been spending my extra bits of time writing out all our thanks for everyone that sent Aiden some birthday cheer. But I thought that all that generosity should be at the top of the good list. It's just a thanks-o-rama ;)
Hasbro's Fun Lab, where they test out new toys/concepts, had Aiden as a test kid for this british tv series they might bring here called WotWots. It was a language development nightmare, but he was hooked. We turned our survey and dvd back in, but luckily he can still peek at snippets on youtube. It shocks me that he asks for it, but I guess there is some method to their madness for these popular shows. I think it's just Aiden being a little tv show deprived and he knew we were letting him watch that one whenever. As a good test subject, he earned a big bag of toys - a Phil the Drill, and a huge batch of Mr. Potato Head stuff. He's pretty funny about Mr. Potato and really only wants to dress him as traditionally as possible ;)
I'm working on my big final project for my RISD class where I decided to do some serious lenswork. The concept is taking a series of photos as baby eyesight develops (first all black and white with 12-15 inches of focus, then red comes in, then yellows/oranges, then finally blues and more focus). I've been pretty fascinated by how we know about eyesight development and how little babies can see for the first couple months. To really play with focus my instructor let me borrow her lensbaby. It's a really cool lens where you can push and pull on the lens itself to get cool effects.
One of the coolest puzzles I've ever seen ;) Thanks K, M, and J!
Awesome birthday shirt for the 2 year old guitar lover - Thanks S and L! (matches his fun first bib from R!)
Mom's birthday cuddle blanket from A! Thanks! I wish I had a photo of all the 30 year old birthday blankets since I think they all captured not only our favorite colors but our personality ;)

No comments: