Wednesday, November 18, 2009

silhouette

I was on the prowl for a new ornament for our tree this year, and I just couldn't resist this custom silhouette out of metal that I found on etsy. It's made out of polished metal. I feel like it will be a great keepsake and I hope I can pass it down. Even though I feel like we are waiting forever to put the tree up since Thanksgiving is so late this year, I can still prowl around for ornaments, eh? The artist can be found here.

This became a project because getting an image against a white wall with no shadows without Aiden's huge head at a weird angle is a challenge. I had J helping try to get his attention at the right level and he was sitting in his red chair so he wouldn't squirm around. I got a bunch where his eyes are kinda out of focus or blinking, but the profile looked good. I ended up putting it into photoshop myself to take out the slight shadows so I could really get a feel for it. Here is the image I sent the very polite, delightful artist and her rough proof. I can't wait to have the shiny metal version in my hand.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh my gosh that is so cool! What a great ornament to have!