Monday, May 10, 2010

adventure

Another fun adventure reported from Rebecca last Friday:
We went down to Battleship Cove to tour the 'Bounty,' but it wasn't open to the public today. Bummer! I asked Aiden if he wanted to go on the other big ships, pointing to the Battleship, and of course he replied with a gigantic "ohhh yessss!" We started off with the helicopter and airplanes first.Aiden couldn't figure out why there were 'men' sitting in the planes, but not driving them. So if he asks you about fake men,  you'll know where this came from. haha Oh the confusion of a 2 year old. Next we moved on to these old ships that were kept in a big garage. This is the one in the picture that has big scary teeth painted on it. It was neat though, you could go up these stairs and see into the little peep holes on the side.
We made some sailor friends here, and kept running into them the entire time. Aiden said to me, loud enough for them to hear of course, "Hey Becca, look at those guys in those hats." I had to laugh, and so did they. I was trying to explain they were sailors and that's what the men that drove these boats looked like. They thought he was cute of course and one got a high five! The whole day was filled with, "Becca, can we go over here?"
So next was the Kennedy; this is when I realized I was going to get a workout. It's neat that they allow you to go down into the barracks and engine rooms of the ship, but it would be nicer if they made wider steps. heh. We had it down though by the time we left, I go down a couple steps, Aiden holds around my neck tightly, and then we go down the rest of the way verrrryyyyy carefully.  He had fun running all throughout the inside of the ship, especially when he realized that stomping on the metal floors made a loud noise! We got to see the engine rooms, the hospital room, the barber shop, and the isolation rooms with the beds. I got a picture of him laying down on one of the beds, I thought it was cute.
We toured the Lionfish, which is the submarine. The inside of that one wasn't that fun; it was very tight and there were lots of doorways we had to climb through. The deck was neat though, they had lots of guns. Of course the Battleship was his favorite. I think we literally lapped the deck of the boat 3 times! The inside of this one was tricky too, but had a lot of neat stuff. They set the rooms up to look like the actual rooms so I was asking Aiden which room was which. His favorite was of course, the "chicken." I love the way he says kitchen!
We ran into our sailor friends again, and Aiden yelled out hey. They were explaining the missiles to us, up until then Aiden was calling them airplanes because of the propeller that was on the end of them. I was going along with the whole airplane thing just for the fact I didn't want him to learn about blowing stuff up yet. haha Sorry, I tried to save ya from the 'pow, boom' noises. Overall it was a pretty good day, we spent a little over 2 hours there. I told Aiden it was time to go because he needed a nap and he told me he could just sleep on the beds in the ship. Future navy boy maybe? hehe Maybe once your foot is better you guys can go...

1 comment:

Anna said...

How cool is that! Love the new look of your blog;)