Big Sister was stuffed gently into a box and sent on her way to the newest big sister in our family - as Aiden likes to say "my Cuz-en Kaaay-leee!" Aiden gave Big Sister a big hug and a kiss before she snuggled up in some bubble wrap for her trip with a batch of presents for the newest cuddly member of our family. I still have some of the big sister presents that I was given by my family when my sister was born, including the snuggly, even with smooshed fur, Ruffy dog. That dog shows off how well loved he is.
I made the dolly dresses with some quilted patches that were cast off by my friend's quilting group and I scooped them up from their fabric scrap box at their yearly sale. My fabric squirreling away tendencies pay off! Big Sister is almost entirely bright rainbow colors because she's so cheery. Betty is more of a modge podge, and Aiden picked her out immediately as his. Who knows where he even learned the name Betty, but honest to goodness that is the name that popped right out of his mouth when I asked what her name should be.



3 comments:
great job - those dolls are so cute and i love that Aiden picked out the name Betty. He is adorable!
Thanks Allison! Since you're the etsy queen I'll take that as a good compliment. ;)
Kayley LOVES her!! She's been carrying her around, playing with her and talking to her. Thank you so much! She's awesome! :-D
Post a Comment