Tuesday, June 29, 2010

mini n big

Aiden was so excited to give J all the Daddy's Day present he picked out (almost) all on his own for him.  I asked him what he wanted to get his dad and his first answer was a "tick tock clock for his wrist!"  Sounded good to me, so I trotted him out to the store with the goal of letting him pick out the presents, although I had to veto his first watch choice because it was over $500!  I guess this kid has good taste.  We did end up with his second choice though.  When we got home from the store with them he spilled the beans on most of the treats, so J knew what to expect.  They had fun with the robot car all week thanks to Aiden's big mouth.

On the actual day, J willingly wore his "big daddy Elmo shirt," as Aiden likes to call it, to the zoo and splash pad.  We also ventured out to see Toy Story 3 in 3D. The two of them walking together were like celebrities to all the other little kiddos wandering around... One kid pointed and shouted, "Look mom, it's a daddy elmo and an elmo boy!"  Aiden was super happy and told me he was happy daddy liked his "daddy elmo present shirt" - this kid - ha!

My boys on Daddy's day playing Me and Mini Me:
The card he helped cut and decorate with specially selected buttons.  He ran out of steam on this project and ended up not finishing all the letters in Daddy, but that's how it goes sometimes... I'm not going to force him.  He was proud of the heart he drew all on his own.

Whoops there is a Mini Potato Head without shorts playing Boggle!  There are many photos like that this month since he gets his undies down a lot easier without shorts, so he can potty on his own on the big potty. 

5 comments:

Anna said...

Very cute! J you are a super dad!

coviatt said...

Loved the celebrity Elmo shirts. I think I need to get one for Pop Pop. Where did you get the idea for the collar/tie Father's Day shirt? I made those every year with my kindergarten classes, only we put on pockets for secret 'I love you!' note handkerchiefs, and no real buttons. Mommu

LB said...

I think I must have remembered the card from your classes - I couldn't quite remember where I'd seen it before. I love the idea to add a pocket for next year! That's when Aiden's glue skills will be even better ;)

Liz said...

Those matching Elmo shirts bring back memories of matching Easter dresses!!

LB said...

Proof Aiden is my kid is that he was just as excited by matching shirts as I remember being at matching easter dresses for all three of us! I think it would such a riot if we had a blog like this of our childhood - There would be stories of getting you two cups of ice and one cup of water for your bedside table (which the cat would knock over in the night), pretending to be bulls and charging our beds, and carlos treats of course! I should get some photos scanned in while I'm there for some flashbacks ;)