Below is my midsemester project (aka Keaton - seriously my classmates nicknamed him Mid during our opening) and my very patient husband and three year old helping set up my final project at the Wickford Art Gallery. My folks were there to help too, and I owe my final layout to my mom helping me disassemble it and rethink the layout. Thanks to my dad for the snaps during setup:
Our opening was quite a buzz. I was so surprised that we ended up with hundreds of people showing up. It was a packed house for the entire afternoon. The wine and cheese flew off the table. The gourmet treats (including banana cupcakes with choc mousse made by one of my classmates - straight from Cupcake Wars and my late night tv watching mouth watering dreams).
KC was happy snoozing in his Moby while J and Aiden cruised the nearby shops. I got a chance to see old classmates and chat up a storm. KC made a bunch of friends too ;) When my advisor introduced all of our work, she first introduced my "midsemester project" and he pulled his little turtle neck up to turn around and say hi to the clapping crowd. He was so happy - thank goodness! J and Aiden cruised back in as the crowds were dying down and shared all of their duck feeding/shopping adventures.
The show is up the rest of the month. Whoosh, time really flies because I can remember laying in bed late at night immediately after KC was born, thinking oh my, I have a lot to get done... and now it's done and on display. Phew!




4 comments:
That looks great!!! I love the layout! :-D
Thanks!
Beautiful work Lauren! Looks like you might have some art to hang at your new place?
Thanks - I do hope we can hang it to jazz up J's guitar room.
Post a Comment