Friday, June 22, 2007

invigorated

I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to remember to blog this, but one of the best parts of the 12 hour flight extravaganza overnight back from portland - yes, there is a best part! - was around 2:30am in the Seattle airport while delayed. I was trying very hard to stay awake hugging my purse with my head against my bag full of pillows/blankets, when I started to feel distinctive baby shifting instead of just heavy eyelids. When I woke up enough to recognize that I wasn't delirious, I was sure that the movement was distinctive - not gas, not hunger pains, not just a slight fluttering, but baby shifting. It wasn't as comfortable as I expected - who knows what to expect anyway - but it was definite baby action. I was invigorated by it and it put a delirious smile and friendly little bounce in my step as I dragged myself through the next two airports.

1 comment:

Leah Melendy said...

Lauren, feeling your baby move is the best feeling! I started to really feel mine just before the reunion, and it has been nonstop since then. It makes it all a little more real, doesn't it? Enjoy your healthy, active little one!