Friday, September 28, 2007

happy magnetized

Now the nursery is reeeally a big happy magnet. I really can't stay out of the room and it just makes me happy. My ultra-talented-period friend Erin came to town in a surprisingly relaxing, yet whirlwind visit (arriving at 1am on Wed night, painting all day Thursday, and heading off to be a super bridesmaid Friday afternoon). When I called from work on Thursday afternoon, she said it was goin well and began counting up all the hippos she had painted already. I couldn't get home quickly enough. Both J and I can honestly say that we like all the bouncey, cuddly little hippos even more than we thought we would...








I have these photo frames for posterity so that I won't have to cut down a piece of dry wall if we ever have to move (waaay too sentimental to have a child, I know)... Now I just have to figure out where to hang them.

Hanging out with Erin taught me to just go for it and I did my own canvas (that she prepped with blue paint). I think I spent about as long doing this one canvas that she spent on a whole wall. - Erin's impressive aaand speedy - when you're good, you're good - Thanks to Erin for everything!

The complete shots - with frames added:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how jealous I am of super creative people! It must be exhausting having all that beautiful talent. =) The nursery is gorgeous. Aiden will love it!

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

Love,love,love the hippos!