Saturday, November 28, 2009

decorating!

It seems like our house was transformed so quickly Friday afternoon into a festive Christmas mood. We ventured out shopping for a few presents in the afternoon (not really for any real deals, but just to get some stuff done). I picked up six little "guys" as Aiden calls them. They are wooden nutcrackers that you can paint yourself. My idea is to have a little six year tradition where he will create one a year. This year he started off strong and I made the right choice to have him use marker instead of actual paint. He enjoyed it just as much and it was pretty schnazzy in the end. I just love these little mini traditions.

more decorating! from LB on Vimeo.

Aiden's been talkative lately, and here are snippets from our tree decorating so you all can feel like you were right there with us ;) My favorite part is around 2:50 when he starts comparing his gigantic two year old foot to his itty bitty little 3 week old feet on the ornaments.

O Xmas Tree! from LB on Vimeo.


2 comments:

Anna said...

I love the nutcracker tradition! I think Aiden might have some of his Mommy's craftiness:)

Robyn (aka Food Girl) said...

I love Mommy's questions off to the side and the pensive looks from Aiden during the beautiful decorating!