Wednesday, November 4, 2009

ouch doc

We had Aiden's two year old check up this morning. PopPop came along to help us out since I knew I might have to hold him for his shots. He beebopped on the dancing table in his diaper before the doctor popped in. He weighed in on the big boy scale at 30 lbs (74%) and it was so funny to see him standing really still looking up at the scale. They measured him very exactly at 35 3/4 inches (84%) just short of a yard! And he continues to have plenty of room for growing brains at 20.5 inches (98%). He was given another book by the doctor and he said thank you unprompted to impress the doctor. She checked him out just like his bear was checked by the nurses at the teddy bear's picnic. When I asked him what the doctor was going to do to him on the car ride over, he said "give shots!" Yep, there were plenty of shots this time, which was expected since he didn't have any last time. He was quick to say "ouch ouch ouch!" after the first round, then when they gave him a second round he squealed out a cry until I could scoop him up for a cuddle. Then he had another blood draw where the lady pricked him and then asked him to help count the blood drops. The best part was that she gave him a Choo Choo Thomas sticker! I'm hoping that we can stay healthy until his checkup at 2 1/2.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow, big boy scale! Yeah for staying healthy so far...sending you all healthy wishes! Have a great b-day party Aiden:)