Saturday, September 1, 2007

belly is hangin tough

My baby is about half the size that it will most likely be when it's born. Uh ok, let's look at the situation here. I am bursting at the seams so where will all that additional baby go? Unless I have more hidden belly button skin (which does seem to appear daily), I'm going to be in trouble. My belly button is going to be so sunken in once I go back to normal (or semi-normal, no denial here) it's going to look like a crevice the cats can cuddle up into. It barely sticks out anymore because it's so stretched out it usually sits almost flat. I have started occasionally wearing my bella band again to try to "prevent stretch marks" and it does seem to help support my belly. Good thing it is cooling off so that an extra layer is comfortable again. I'm excited for a fall baby as long as he doesn't decide to emerge from my belly button! Tough belly at 29 weeks - Still hangin' tough like a really bad new kids on the block song - who knew they were talking about my pregnant belly!? Just listen:
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.
Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance.
(rap:) Just get on the floor and do the new kids dance. (Note: I can get down, but I may not get back up again)
Don't worry bout nothing cause it won't take long. (Oh, thanks for the words of encouragement, Jordan Knight)
(rap:) We're gonna put you in a trance with a funky song, (I'll be sure to bring my new kids tracks with me to the hospital - screw an epidural, the new kids are going to put me in a trance)
Cause you gotta be hangin tough, hangin tough, hangin tough.
(rap:) We're rough.
(Other verses removed to avert my many other dumb jokes)
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, just hangin tough, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, hangin tough.
(repeat & fade)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren! It's been a year since I found out I was pregnant and last night, I went back through all my blog posts from when I was pregnant and it was so much fun to re-live the experience. I'm glad you will be able to do the same.