Wednesday, February 16, 2011

adventures

This was a story that Aiden helped make up as a present for Gran and Pop (to thank them for the fun in FL and say I love you!)

Snow Day Adventures of Rock Doggy and Glass Kitty

There once was a snow day, followed by a snow day, and then a whole week later another snow day.  It was on this very snow day that Rock Doggy and Glass Kitty realized they weren't at the beach anymore!  They were going to need something to do!  Their little buddy Aiden loved carrying them around and accidently leaving them in cars, but they weren't leaving the house with all this snow!
Rock Doggy decided to go visit his favorite pop up Goldilocks and the Three Bears characters.  They were happy to see him.
Meanwhile Glass Kitty was checking out the sticker world with pirate ships and space rocks flying.  She thought that maybe one of those rocks could become her new friend.
Rock Doggy decided that Trouble was his favorite new game.  His heavy rock paws really helped pop the circle.  As he hears the circle pop, he hears another noise...
Glass Kitty is starting up the band with the shaky bells!
The band gets help from the crazy barrel of monkeys.
Rock Doggy cruises away from the loud mischief makers in his handmade racing car.
Then Rock Doggy realizes he can get even farther away by taking a spin on the newly constructed airplane.
Glass Kitty realizes that the scene is heating up and decides to take a break by playing with Alphie.
Now it is time for reading books in bed and hoping that tomorrow warms up.

2 comments:

jcoviatt@msn.com said...

I enjoy this because I hear Aiden's voice saying some of these lines in his serious little story telling voice. I especially liked the line about "accidentally leaving them in cars." I will always remember his pathetic dejected look when he forgot Rock Dog in the car at the airport and I had to mail it to him. I guess it's true the best authors write from experiences. ;) Hugs all around, Gran Gran

LB said...

He even took rock doggy and glass kitty to the doctor with us today - He made sure he had "a snake side dish in case they got hungry" too ;)