Wednesday, February 2, 2011

yay! groundhog

Bright and early this morning we watched the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club welcome Phil the Groundhog and declare an EARLY SPRING! The groundhog did not see his shadow! Woohoo! Aiden and I danced to the videos' rendition of the Pennsylvania Polka to celebrate.  I wish I had the camera for Aiden's initial excitement ;) but here he is grooving a bit:
Yep, it sure does feel like Groundhog's day!  We are repeating these snow days (Is it five now?), it's becoming a routine.  I'm just excited to be home celebrating an early spring - do you think it's really possible?!

Last night Aiden was explaining to his dad that the beaver comes out of his hole and if he goes back inside, we get more snow!  He said it with such enthusiasm that maybe it makes all the snow worth it. I think he wants spring and snow at the same time.  I feel so lucky to not have to worry about work and it's so nice to have the whole family home cozy and safe.  J works upstairs and I can trick Aiden into thinking he's not actually up there for quite a while.

Today I have some groundhog's day treats planned, so we won't let these snow days bore us!

No comments: