Monday, February 28, 2011

wrap up

 As we close out a week in grandparent heaven, I again owe my folks a huge thanks for all the smiles and the help and everything else... I could never express my gratitude often enough!

We all trekked around a bunch all week long and I thank them for keeping our energy up (mine especially). In addition to all the other fun already up here, I can't forget to mention:

The Music Show with Wayne Potash where Aiden picked up a new favorite song he calls June Bug - It's actually a harmonica song called Juda.  My mom liked some of the songs so much that she was even recording some of the lyrics for later.  No photos, but the Penguin waddle and jumping is easy to remember. My favorite was when he asked if the kids wanted to break into some rock music and Aiden jumped off my lap to dance.

The Animal Experience show, where Aiden was usually facing away from the animals (who knows maybe they were too creepy crawly for him?) and had a chance to pet Spike the hedgehog after the show.

The Magic Show where Aiden was so excited by the magic wands that got bigger and bigger.  He shook his head no nearly every time the magician asked for a volunteer.  He seemed most excited by the ring tricks and when daddy surprised him by showing up to join us.

2 comments:

jcoviatt@msn.com said...

The best trick of all was how we fit so much love and fun into a single week. I love arriving, but leaving is always tough. I'm glad we'll be back soon to greet a new big bundle of fun. :)

LB said...

Miss you already! Aiden was so excited to read his clues! I wished you were here to see his excitement but I caught most of it on camera - The doorbell rang in the middle of his hunt and he thought that it was you guys surprising him by showing back up ;) Thanks for everything! Love you mucho.