Saturday, February 26, 2011

space

This week included a few peeks at space exploration!  Aiden will tell you he wants to be a space ranger when he grows up (getting more specific from his original - I want to be an adult when I grow up - which still makes me laugh), so this was training ;)

Thanks to a friend on Facebook, I heard that the International Space Station was going to pass by view here around 6:30pm for three nights in a row. We missed it the first two nights, but we think we caught it the last night.  As our dinner got cold inside, we were pretty cozy outside on a very clear night.   It flashed by much quicker than expected, and looked a lot like a very bright shooting star traveling all the the way across the night sky.

Then the last mission of the space shuttle Discovery launched the next day.  We peeked at the online coverage and Aiden asked why they were talking "so seriously" as they prepped the flight.  Being a real space ranger is serious business little bud ;)

No comments: