Chillaxin in the rad wallpaper room after the RISD Museum Tot Tour on lines and squiggles:
This tour is very popular and you have to sign up way in advance and now I know why: they have huge bean bag chairs. Only partly kidding, because that room full of bean bags and awesome wallpaper really does set the mood. We've been to the museum a bunch of times, but I figured parking six blocks away in the snow was worth it since this tour was geared specifically for Aiden's age. They read some awesome books on lines: When a Line Bends...A Shape Begins and The Straight Line Wonder.
They then created their own lines and shapes out of string, which Aiden thought was awesome. Then it was time for the "line hunters" to hit the gallery with their sketch pads to find lines to draw. We've been reading this book at home a bunch, I Spy: An Alphabet in Art - so as we walked through the gallery Aiden asked if we could play the I Spy game since we were "living in the book right now!"
After the official tour was over and everyone had shown off their line finds, the teacher let the kids hang out in the bean bag room. Aiden immediately made friends with another three year old and they played shark monsters while jumping between "the tippy bean bag boats." Somehow the museum temporarily became a much hipper gymboree-look-a-like venue. I just loved sitting back in my own bean bag chair and watching the giggles.
Here is Aiden by himself at the end of the day relaxing and singing before our urban hike back to the car where he quickly fell asleep:





4 comments:
LOVE that wallpaper! Aiden looks like he's in a design magazine photo shoot! Those books look great too! I just found a cute art class that i can't wait to take with Connor:)
Feeling better i hope?
Isn't it awesome? I day dream about having a room like that at home ;)
You and Connor would love the tot tour too - come visit and we'll sign up. All back on track here - hope you're staying healthy!
I seriously do need to plan an east coast trip! Suzy (my Bates roomie) just had her baby. The Bates 10 tear reunion is this June...maybe I can do a Maine/Mass road trip?!? I'll keep you posted! Miss you!
Come meet the East Coast babies when it's sunny and beautiful! Perfect road trip idea for June - miss ya too!
Post a Comment