Friday, October 5, 2007
baby care class
In our birth class last weekend the instructor encouraged everyone to introduce themselves and share their trouble spots/issues. A bunch of people complained of being tired all of the time. She explained that medical professionals compare the extra effort expended carrying a baby to hiking a 500 foot mountain everyday. Sounds like a reasonable comparison to me. Last night's baby care class from 6:30 to 9:20pm (She kept us 20 minutes late) was a bit much for a school night. I know I keep harping that doing things on a school night is a big deal, but I think my somewhat-tired-despite-wanting-to-be-engaged-feeling has something to do with the 500 foot mountain climb exhaustion, driving an extra 20 minutes in traffic to get there, and then walking through a maternity triage that looked like the tv show ER's triage. I really hope the triage isn't that full when we arrive. We have two more Thursday night classes, but so far I think they will be worth it. The funny English lady that taught our care class kept talking about pacies and prams. When asked what he hopes to get out of the class, the guy next to us said that he wants to "learn how to not drop the baby" - ok, ha ha?! Next time we will actually have our own dummy babies to play with... oh boy, it should be a highlight, but I'm not sure it will compare to holding Aiden.... there are some moments when I just can't wait to meet him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment