Monday, October 8, 2007
snack happy
Since it's a nice long weekend, outside of visiting friends, we're home watching baseball and getting some house projects done (new curtain rods, etc). This is combined with my non-stop hunger scrounging. I'm pretty good at not overdoing it when I have work and other distractions, but I have to resist eating a whole box of nilla wafers in one sitting. I know you're thinking, nilla wafers?! "Those are so bland," was my mom's reaction. They taste so sweet with my prego taste buds (I swear everything tastes sweeter) and have a little less guilt than say a pumpkin muffin (It is fall = excuse to make pumpkin muffins with extra chocolate chips). I think we're gonna go out for breakfast this morning... mmm, yum bacon, no turkey bacon - distinction ;) This hunger will be satiated or I'll just fill in the gaps with some nilla wafer snacking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i would vote for pumpkin muffins being much healthier than nilla wafers - even with extra chocolate in the muffins, at least you're getting better stuff than nasty white flour and trans fats. no fiber in those nilla wafers either.
make some pumpkin muffins with whole wheat flour! use whole wheat pastry flour and you won't even tell a difference. homemade is almost always healthier than out of a package.
Excellent advice, Liz! But just wait until YOU are pregnant ... you'll find there isn't time to bake. You'll need what your taste buds want, and fast. I'm getting a craving for 'Nilla Wafers as we speak. Gotta be the hormones (or lack of them at my age)!
Post a Comment