Wednesday, October 31, 2007
it's not a costume
I've been haunted by labor pains all day. They haven't spooked me at all, but the major symptom is that I did not feel like taking off my robe. It is a perfect 60 degree day where kids don't have to cover up their costumes with big fat coats, but you feel nice and cozy in a big fuzzy robe. Outside of that my rough and rugged belly feels pretty beat up and I can't bear the idea of wrapping it up in maternity pants. I didn't think much about the fact that I'd be meeting some neighbors in my bathrobe, fuzzy pj pants, and down wrap slippers. J was washing up from dinner and as I passed out some candy, I joked through my mild embarrassment... "This is the real deal, it's not a costume..." The nice neighbors were asking when I was due and offering up their kids as babysitters (can't believe we may be hiring babysitters in the next few years!) We kept our door open and as I rocked around on my birth ball I was keeping my eye on the glass door. All of a sudden a scary kid dressed as a bloody doctor with a big vile of blood jumped up to the door out of nowhere, and I nearly broke my big bulging bag of waters. We ended up with about 72 kids and about one extra bag of candy that is going to be hard to resist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment