Friday, October 19, 2007
coming soon?
Thursday was the first visit that my doctor mentioned unprompted that it's likely that Aiden will come soon. She is normally in the "oh, that's normal...he's not coming any time soon" camp and I was happy to hear her say that he was on his way since she'd already signed a work form that declared me "incapcitated" (eek, that is a strong word for forced relaxation) in order to be precautionary about my blood pressure. She also reassured us that Aiden is big and bouncey and most assuredly coming home with us without any trouble if he's born now. This is reassuring because when I left the hospital last week I worried about not being considered full term. I didn't want to be lumped into some high risk category, especially since I am still convinced this baby was conceived earlier than the due date determining factors. (I'm convinced that based on "date of conception" that our real due date is October 29th.) I know there goes the broken record on the due date debate again... The doctor also said that she was surprised that I made it out of the hospital last week with all the contractions. Sometimes I wish I knew more about what makes her say the things she says, but no one really knows anything for sure. Everyone does have an opinion and there were some people that invoked a bit more worry by saying that I shouldn't be pushing myself by even being at work. I really appreciate that the doctor essentially made an impossible decision for me by just insisting that I cut off from work immediately. I'm hopeful that this may head off the blood pressure issue by essentially preventing it and making me feel even healthier when Aiden is here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment