Friday, October 26, 2007

normal doc visit

Everything is completely normal. Yeah, I got it and it's reassuring, but I am sick of hearing that. It doesn't feel very normal to be so uncomfortable all the time. There must be degrees of normal and some are crap-o-la and some are easier. I'm more effaced/thinned out (80%) than I was before but no more dilation (still little less than 2cm - 10cm is pushing time). The doctor is glad that "we've managed to slow things down" and protect my blood pressure through this forced relaxation. I admitted to being on the brink of boredom, and she said that she understands that I want as much time as possible with my little guy. She said that I should avoid doing jumping jacks, but otherwise do whatever I'm comfortable doing. The appointment was pretty much what I expected. J and I brought our birth bags with us with hopes that she would have a reason to just send us straight over to the hospital (like leaking fluid, extreme dilation progress). Wishful thinking...

1 comment:

K8 said...

Hey Lauren. I know it's very frustrating, the waiting and all. The last couple of weeks/hours are always the hardest.

You're being such a strong womam, though! As you say, "keep on keeping on."