Tuesday, October 9, 2007
glowing purple
There should be a definitive sign you are in labor. J says he wishes your belly started glowing purple just so you would know. According to our birth class, less than 20% of women have their waters break before mid way through their labor. Some have it broken for them. So this hollywood act where the women is coming down the stairs and bends over to a big gush, isn't realistic for most. Although last week this woman at Brown had her water break in a big corporation meeting all over the fancy mahogany chairs. I've had Braxton Hicks contractions since early August (although I didn't know that the tightness without pain was a fake contraction until a couple weeks ago). Today I've had false labor pains in full effect since around 2pm. I was trying to ignore the belt tightening pain, and I kept thinking it was gas pains, which it probably is. J started keeping careful track of them timing wise and they are all over the place. It also not coming from the top down and I think I can make it feel better by shifting around. Classic false labor, I think. I think, because how would I know!? Nothing's glowing purple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow - glowing purple - that would be amazing! Sure am thinking about you. xoxoxo - R
Post a Comment