Oh, the delusions continue... I am convinced that this baby will get on his way today or the Red Sox will not win game 4 tonight. He wants to be a World Series Baby, so I need to be in active labor in order for them to win. Call Francona and let him know...maybe he can get me some magic cervix melting cream (I'm reaching the point where I might get my sister to see if they sell that over the border at those Mexican pharmacies - only kidding). It looks like J wins and the Red Sox may have to be this kid's team. It's hard to believe that he will have an identity that includes being born in New England on a year that the Red Sox won the World Series (and it looks like it may be a repeat of 2004 with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl). J, even as a semi-non-sports-watching-man, is excited.
During the pre-game last night, I had a nerdy-craft-urge. It's difficult to tell the difference between this type of urge and my normal idea of a good time, but this was one of those nerdy ideas that required J's participation. Since he is in amazing husband mode (he just intuitively knows how to rub my back), he willingly made a collage. These collages are for Aiden. You can look at them thinking of them as symbolic of the end of this pregnancy or symbolic of our hopes for Aiden... oh, I'm glad that I hoard old magazines to create patience-inducing-time-filling-crafts-to-torture-my-husband (and by torture I mean in order to show off his incredible husbandness). You can click on the photo to get a gigantic version.
I know deep down you are all thinking this blog is getting boooring, I don't want to look at your stupid collages, I want to hear about birth - I keep refreshing the page because I want to hear about exciting-crazy-rushing-around-labor where babies pop out in the car. I'm guessing it won't ever get that exciting, but if he pops out during the winning world series pitch TONIGHT I will write a book about how interesting it was... Now that I think about it, that really doesn't seem that interesting either... Oh well, I just need to go find that coupon now.
4 comments:
I still find your blog entertaining! I love that in your free time you can whip up a breast feeding cover that you saw on-line. You are so cool and crafty. Aiden is so lucky to have you!
love,
Allison
Hey, please save some of your nerdy craft projects for me.I'm good with scissors, and I never run with them. See you soon ready to bring an Indian's fan's perspective into the mix. Love, Mommu
my interpretation from the collages are that you want Aiden to have a cool-kid shoe collection, like kitties, peanut butter (no suprise there!), and be crafty/creative. J wants him to be a metal head ; )
do I have to make a collage if I come up there??? I might be busy.
Daddoo
Post a Comment