Friday, October 12, 2007

side notes

When I was in triage and they were going through my records, the due date debate surfaced. I tried to explain and joke that I call it my fraudulent due date... I don't think that my last period was Feb 10, I think that was implantation bleeding.... blah, blah, my doctor just doesn't want to have to induce and I agree with her so we kept the extended due date. Then the med student says (I squirmed when I heard it out loud), "So, I see here, that this wasn't a planned pregnancy." I felt like a somewhat irresponsible person when they made me check that box in the original paperwork. I am adamant that this is the best "pleasant surprise" and J says the same thing. It's really the best unplanned timing we could possibly have not picked. But who really gets to plan for these things anyway?! The idea that this baby may be bigger reassured the doctor in triage (since part of my paperwork says Nov 20th), and she recalculated her own due date of Nov 15th. Uh ok, yeah for a fourth due date! I have a signed paper that says Nov 17th that I used for the airline reservations, so I'm sticking with that date. But at this rate, there is not a chance that I will be one of the 5% of women that have their baby on their due date any way.

No comments: