Wednesday, October 31, 2007
cat cuddling
J and I have two cats with two very distinct personalities. Sophy prefers J and Peanut prefers me. It's a good thing their names correspond in order to avoid confusion, eh? Sophy is the cat that I previously mentioned is scared of the big belly. She sleeps perched on my pregnancy pillow and when I switch sides I take away the queen's throne. She purrs so loudly at J that it sometimes keeps me awake. She is the best cat to play with because (as my aunt will attest) she will play with light reflections for hours. She is good company in this big empty house, but I prefer her during the day. Peanut is the cuddliest cat on her own terms. My dad calls her a crazed alley cat and only after witnessing her hiss at him did I understand how my cute-cuddly-curl-ball could induce terror. She will jump up on my lap, which is mostly just boney knees now, and look at me desperately asking me with her eyes to move that big belly out of the way. When I try to just pet her and get her to cuddle up on the available lap, she will pace back and forth across my knees occasionally trying to perch on top of my belly. Here's her normal cute balancing act:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah kitties! I am so curious to hear how they react when Aiden arrives. :)
don't let the trick or treaters see that cat - they will be scared away!!!! its the perfect cat for halloween!
Dad
Peanut is beautiful. (And so are you, Lauren.) Does she really have peanutbutter-colored eyes, or is that just the way the photo looks? As cat-lover and owner of 3 cats, I have to suggest that you watch the cats. Cats KNOW things! They probably already know when the 3rd Brennan is to arrive. Watch for clues, L!
Post a Comment