Bebe Au Lait, Hooter Hiders, Modest Momma Wrappers. These are all names for a nursing cover that is propped open a little bit at the top so you can see your baby without exposing yourself. All claim it's better than a blanket (since the baby may be smothered or something, I dunno). Now I just wish they had a device to type on the computer without using both hands. There are some of these nursing covers online with really chic, fun fabrics. Despite the temptation to spend $35 on one because the fabric is so cute, I was pretty sure I could make one (and it would cost less than $2). I didn't even need a trip to the fabric store (another fabric hoarding bonus). I had boning left over from my wedding dress, velcro scraps, and decent light fabric. Good crafty project to pass the time...

Please ignore the black stretchy pants. They are only supposed to be a layer under my clothes, since I can go from cold to hot in two seconds. Shoulda caught a photo during a cold second. Remember I don't leave the house very often.
2 comments:
Lauren
I didn't use the Hooter Hider with Reece but I wish I had...Baby Pecan will be hiding under one with my hooters when she arrives! You should TOTALLY make a bunch and sell them on ebay! SERIOUSLY! I may end up buying one there or (silly me) try making one myself (that will be the day- HA HA HA)! You are looking good - sorry you are so uncomfortable!
Kristen Culliney
hey what's wrong with leaving the house in black stretchy pants? i'm pretty sure i spent 9 months straight in them when i was 8.
Post a Comment